Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 11: Second Life, Land and Building

Week 11 Reflection: Second Life
This week we covered the building portion of second life. This to me has been the hardest part of Second Life. Our assignment was to find three items and then build three items and put them into our virtual classroom. I found a leather recliner, table lamp, and a stack of books. I built a picture, picture frame, a tie-dye rug, and a round glass table. I thought this was a true challenge because I have never done any of this before. I had a tough time with the picture frame and picture. I was able to finally make the wooden frame but was hard to line it up with the picture and get it straight on the angled wall. It took a lot more time than I expected.
Another thing we did this week was to create some kind of business in Second Life and present as a group. We did an upscale mall. I thought my favorite was the resort done by another group. Everyone did a great job on their project.
See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment