Sunday, September 11, 2011

All About Me

Hello,
I hope all of you are doing great! My name is Doug Austin. You will probably see my name as Fredrick Austin. That is my first name but I go by Doug. I work for the Lexington City Schools as the Technology Director/Supervisor. I have worked there about 8 years. I have about 19 years in with the State as of now.  I hope to move on to the Davidson County Community College after I graduate to teach. The summer is just about done so the lake days are over. We go to the lake pretty much every weekend during the summer.  We did go to Disney last April and had a blast.
My Major is Vocational Education in the Department of Business and Information Technologies.  I am in the Master Degree Program. This is my 5th class so far. After this semester I will be half way done.
I have a pretty small family but a close one. I am a single dad of a 12 year old Daughter. I have one sister who lives close by with her husband and two children, my niece and nephew.  My mom and dad live close by as well. About 15 minutes away. We love to get together and have cookouts, go to different places, and sporting events.
My favorite TV show now would have to be Storage wars. It’s a show that follows people around and they bid on storage units that other people have lost due to nonpayment of the storage unit. They go through the unit and find unique things and sell them for a great profit. My hobbies are golf, football, tennis, basketball, and anything my daughter wants to get me into. I do like music but I don’t know if I have a favorite group. I do like all kinds of styles of music. I like Kid Rock, Jimmy Buffet, and Toby Keith. My favorite fast-food place is Wendy’s because you can get a variety of things like chili, baked potatoes, and salads. Beyond a shadow of a doubt my most memorable success in my life is my daughter. She is what makes life worth living and doing for her. My perfect dream vacation is on a cruise somewhere tropical with clear blue seas and me sitting in a lounge chair drinking a Corona like the commercials!
My favorite links are:
www.google.com If you were with technology you know what I mean. If there is a problem, you can find the solution on the web through Google.
www.nfl.com I am a huge football fan so this is a great site that I can keep up with all what is happening with the NFL.
www.ebay.com Yes, I am an auction junkie.
Good luck to all of you in the class and I hope I will see each of you soon!
Doug Austin

4 comments:

  1. Hi Doug! Sounds like you have a good family that enjoys spending time together. My, you certainly have your hands full with a teenage girl! I see you like Storage Wars - me too. Its funny what crazy stuff those guys come across. In enjoyed reading your blog. Good luck in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug, I'm also in the Vocational Education Master's program. My focus is lifelong learning. I'm nearing retirement and hope that this will allow me to work with local senior centers and possibly with my church senior organizations. Knowing how to properly conduct research will also help because I want to do some writing also.

    Ken Harbit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Doug! It sounds like we share two things in common, a love for sports and a love for our daughters. My daughter is only one and I am scared when the day comes that she will be a teenager. I am going to have follow your blog to get some points in the future. Good luck with your job in the Lexington City Schools and I look forward to reading your blog this semester.

    Andrew Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doug! Congrats on being half way through your degree program! Like you my child is my world, he makes everythign worth while! I love watching him grow and seeing things through his eyes. Good luck with a teenager and your classes!
    Holly Berry

    ReplyDelete